Outa Here For a Few Days - Updated with pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
Well the temps are supposed to hit 90 for the next few days so I smoked a tritip, some mixed nuts and some fresh mozarella and we are taking the motorhome and heading to the beach for a few days. Got a spot right next to the water and will sip a few toddys and enjoy the ocean for a bit.

See ya soon

Have a great trip and enjoy the beach

We were down there on vacation this last summer and fell in love with the area. I will be moving to that area in the futre, maybe when the kids are grown and gone, it not before.

I wanna go! Take me! Take me! Everybody needs a hyper Squirrel around while they are on vacation!
icon_mrgreen.gif

I'll be gone hunting while you're enjoying the beach.  Maybe we can bring back some meat to smoke.
biggrin.gif
Have a good trip.

icon_cool.gif

The waters fine come on down. I'd watch them nuts thou.

Well we just got back from 2 very neat days at the beach where we were treated to incredible sunsets.

Met some really nice folks who will be camping friends for sure.  The weather was incredible - nice sea breezes and in 80's. There are about 100 stairs to the beach and I forgot the camera both times and was not going back to get it but here are some of the sunset last nite and of the Chipotle Garlice Mixed Nuts I took along.  We also smoked a TriTip and some Mozarella to take.

df7652ff_Carlsbad001.jpg

c7c8e384_Carlsbad003.jpg

7f8c500b_Carlsbad004.jpg

15ed6d7f_Carlsbad005.jpg

a0bcc0d4_Carlsbad006.jpg

cool pics, almost looks like a bob ross painting...........happy little clouds.

Did you smoke those nuts or just slow roast them with seasoning?  Looks like something I would like to try.  Any advise on what I need to do to giving that a try?
I buy the mixed nuts at Costco then throw a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a large bowl add the nuts and mix until they are coated with the oil. Then I take a jar of Chipotle powder and a jar of Garlic powder and sprinkle on the nuts until they have a light coating. In the smoker at 225 with my AMS going with Apple and Maple dust for 3-4 hours depending on how the nuts take the smoke  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky