Other new additions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mulepackin

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 27, 2007
Central Montana
In addition to my blower, I got my other new additions installed this past week and weekend. This includes my Allied Kenco Tstat, and capillary tube thermometer (I'm checking calibration in the photos, hence the old hot plate. I also mounted the heating element permanently on the bottom of the inside, and routed the cord underneath. I had intended to do some Slim Jims this weekend, but I didn't have all the mods finished, then it snowed about a foot here, and we had to move about 200 head of our cows from fall mountain pasture to home yesterday. It was a 13 mile drive. We start calving on the first of Feb. so my smoking will likely get put on hold for awhile.
9a8e016d_vbattach16628.jpg

b63185d7_vbattach16625.jpg

0ecc8f85_vbattach16626.jpg

342a5bc1_vbattach16627.jpg

Looks real nice,

Must be fun putting that together, etc, What will be your temperature ranges when you are all done?

Thanks for the remarks. The Tstat is set for 0-250 degrees, which will be more than enough for my needs. When used just plugging it in, that element has run the unit up over 230 deg. and I had to open the door to cool things down. Previously, (with hot plates) I couldn't get warm enough, especially with big loads.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky