"Original vs. Texas style rub" recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

4nap

Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
SoCal
I purchased the combo rub and sauce from the website... Im making the jalepeno chicken recipe and it calls for "original rub"???

I downloaded the rub/sauce combo recipe and it called Texas style???   Is this the same rub recipe or did I not receive the "original" recipe with my purchase, or is it referred as texas, original and or?????

Thnks

Theres 2 different rub recipes. Original rib rub a nd Texas style. When I bought it all I got was rub and sauce. Texas was given to me later by Jeff. Original has about 8-10 different ingredients and Texas is similar but less ingredients. Hope that helps.

Sometimes these are mixed up in the process of getting them out. If you will contact Jeff, he will make sure that you get it all. The deal is for the sauce and the original rib rub. The Texas rub is a bonus.

I purchased the combo rub and sauce from the website... Im making the jalepeno chicken recipe and it calls for "original rub"???

I downloaded the rub/sauce combo recipe and it called Texas style???   Is this the same rub recipe or did I not receive the "original" recipe with my purchase, or is it referred as texas, original and or?????

Thnks
This is from the news letter.

What’s the difference between Jeff’s rub, Jeff’s Original rub and Jeff’s rib rub?

"No difference at all. All of these names refer to my Jeff’s Naked Rib Rub recipe. As many of you know, it was designed especially for ribs initially. We then found out that it was really good on almost everything so it made sense to not always refer to it as a “rib” rub but in a more generic term."

Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky