Omaha Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigsteve

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
South West Florida
Got some Omaha Steaks as a gift. The cut is "Beef top Sirloin Steaks."

I normally marinate or tenderize steaks from the grocery store. It's been many years since I've had Omaha, and wanted to see what others would do. I will grill them med rare, but don't want to spoil a good piece of meat with tenderizer and things if it doesn't need it.

What'ya think?

From everything I've heard about Omaha Steaks is that they are great and need no tenderizer. Just grill them as planned and you should be fine.

Omaha steaks are great and need no marinating or tenderizing. Just get them to room temp first, then grill them.

Even though they are really good, Iam not sure they are worth the money. I did some math one day and I figured that after shipping you are paying around 19.99 a pound for some of thier meats, meat I can get at my local butcher for 9.99 a pound and be almost as happy with. But if someone is giving it to me a s gift, I won't say "no."
icon_wink.gif

Omaha Steaks are great quality but I have to agree that they are too expensive. A hunting buddy of mine used to manage their shipping warehouse and would bring me lots of freebies. I have only paid for their steaks once because I got a good coupon mailed to me. I'd just grill those puppies to a nice Med rare like you said and ENJOY!

Dave

I love Omaha Steaks, When I get them I simply thaw them, season them, and fire em up!

No need to tenderize....

Enjoy Them!

Just had some 6oz filets last night (father's day present from the in-laws) out of the pack I rec'd.

I had the grill about 450F. I grilled 3.5-4min per side. Tasty, tender, and most importantly rare. Very good quality, but I wouldn't buy them either.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I wouldn't buy them for myself. My company has been working us long and hard for most weekends since before Memorial day. The project had a weekend off a few weeks ago, and the bosses sent all of us a nice gift pack. It had the 4 steaks, 4 Angus burgers, 8 fancy Frankfurters, 2 fillet of Sole, 4 loin pork chops, and 4 chicken pieces.

In this economy, I was thrilled to have a job, the OT was/is great, I never expected the food.

Sounds like you have a pretty good boss. I just do like everyone else said room temp season and 5-6 minute on first side and then flip and 4-5 on the other. You have to love thet med rare steak. Except I'm having baby bird tonight (cornis hens) how long does a 1/12" thick rib need to thaw.????

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky