OK this is really a stupid question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

graphiks ink

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 4, 2010
Houston, TX
But at what temp do you think it is optimal for pulling the pork off the smoker and getting ready to pull. I did it once a while back and can't remember. 195 and wrap or what I forgot!  Thanks for your help guys!

I take butts to 200-205 for pulling

I honestly don't know about that one all I've ever used is Brown Sugar

Brown sugar is just regular sugar with molasses as I understand - so the flavor will be different, but not huge I wouldn't doubt.

I di not use brown sugar in any of my rubs, and i don't miss it.

well i am gonna try it so i will let you all know how it turns out. I went out for the cider vinegar and got carried away and forgot the brown sugar! DOH!

Man you are going to be addicted to the finishing sauce what my wife and I did was tweek it to our taste and it is a hit when we make pulled pork. 

I made a few tweaks to it for our taste as well cause we like spicy so I added some cholula and cayenne pepper to it so I hope it turns out good. I will let you all know how the regular sugar works out. I will take a picture of it and the ribs that are on right now

ok and I added some Blairs Jalapeno and Garlic Death Sauce to it! I think I am more excited to try the sauce then the pork! 
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

Guess I should probably put the chicken quarters on. I hope the grill holds the 10lb shoulder, rack of ribs and 5 legs quarters. Will have pictures later!

I agree with Piney on the 200+.  Never used finishing sauce per se.  Once I hit temperature I pull it off the smoker and into a foil covered pan to rest for an hour or so (in a towel packed cooler).  Pull the pork, and put into another pan, drizzle a mixture of 1/2 drippings from the first pan and 1/2 apple juice over the pork, cover with foil again and let the meat soak up the tasty goodness.

Dang I knew I should have bought some of the big foil pans at the store earlier!  I really dont wanna go back to the store again. Anyone in Houston want to bring me one?

I take mine to 200-205 like Piney and let them rest. I dont use them foil pans anymore, once one buckles on ya you'll know why. I use a pan I got from a restaurant supply.

6afb9d43_foilpan.jpg

Lots of folks foil and spritz at 165 then take to 200-205 then pull and wrap in towels and throw into a cooler to sit for varing amouts of time to redistribute the juices and finish the cooking

Man you are gonna love this once you pull it off

I am still waiting...... getting a little impatient! It was in a stall for almost 2 1/2 hours but has slowly started to creep up again. Its been on since 12 and is just now hitting 170. I will take a picture when its pulled off. The ribs and chicken that were on did not last long enough for a photo to be taken 
biggrin.gif

I am still waiting...... getting a little impatient! It was in a stall for almost 2 1/2 hours but has slowly started to creep up again. Its been on since 12 and is just now hitting 170. I will take a picture when its pulled off. The ribs and chicken that were on did not last long enough for a photo to be taken 
biggrin.gif
No big deal I have had butts go for 13 plus hours some as fast as nine just don't rush things and you will be fine.

What part of Houston you could always drop some off when your done and i can tell you how good it is.

OK I got a BIG question for you all! Do you think that if I pull off the smoker and put it on the oven at 125 or 150 over night it would be ok tomorrow morning nad ready to be pulled if I wrap it in foil?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky