October 11th MSG get together

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Only hunting one day before the smoke so if things go well we will smoke some duck. If not were SOL. The few spots I hunt are not huge duck spots so hopefully that guy (mark I believe) you introduced me to can show me some new spots to hunt. Seemed like a good guy.

Good luck cam. I'm sitting at the bloated goat waiting on my cousin. Were gonna drink a few beers before heading over.

So Rockstar had me over for a pre-smoke warm up couple of beers. There looks to be pleanty of parking and space for smokers. We should have a good stash of camp fire wood and possible virgin horseshoe pits while the meats are smoking.

Stan, I am pretty sure you will want the acreage next door that is for sale.... :)

Stan, I am pretty sure you will want the acreage next door that is for sale.... :)
I might think about that property but I have heard horror stories about a mostly intoxicated guy with a beer in one hand and a big knife in the other hand in that area of the state terrifying neighbors and dogs. 
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Hahahahhahahhahahhahahhaaa!!! I've heard about that guy to!! Sounds like a maniac!

Did you meet @flatbottombros (Christian) there Cam.  He is was the kitchen manger there back last year.  I have been meaning to go and try their food but just haven’t had the reason or time to go to that part of the state yet.

I also want to go and try The Prized Pig in Niles. I hear the burnt ends are great.

I did not meet anybody while I was there. I do remember reading on here that a forum member owns the place though.

The food is worth the drive. I had the "Enthusiest" platter of chicken, pulled pork, ribs and brisket. Sides of mac and cheese, cornbread and french fries. We tried the burnt ends appitizer.

We even bought some of their Q sauce. Awesome..

Hey humdinger you still in for the 18th? Still bringing some type of beef? Just trying to get the final menu down. Thanks.

You still in Towerclimber? Still planning on smoking anything?

Fpmich you still planning on coming out this way? Smoking anything?

Thanks everyone. Just trying to get the final details so I know what's going on.

Yea hillbilly the wife and I will be there...will bring homemade mac and cheese and I'll bring a shoulder...the way it looks my smoker isn't gonna be mobile, anybody got a little extra room on thiers?

Sorry for the late decision Hillbillyrockstar.  I don't think we can make it down for this one.  Too many events going on right now for us.  Granddaughters with new horses, pig roast this weekend, and probably much more, that my wife forgets to tell me about until the day before, or day of.  LOL

Hope you all have good weather and enjoy the company and visits.

Last edited:
Ok no problem fp. Thanks for letting me know.

Tower your not bringing your smoker? I know Stan is bringing his for cold smoking cheese and humdinger was talking about bringing one but he's been MIA lately. Might just be my smoker for smoking so we might have a problem.

I will bring my mes for cheese and I can bring a charcoal smoker too for hot smoking.  So no problem.  

Looks to me that there will be 6 of us.

Kingfishcam

Humdinger

Towerclimber

Hillbillyrkstr

Oldschoolbbq

Handymanstan

Maybe @RobbQ will make it. 

Did I miss anyone? 

OldSchool didn't sound like he was gonna make it last I heard. RobbQ also sounded like he wasn't sure. I'd count them both out.

Some of the neighbors that were at the chili cook off will be there, some of my friends and family as well. I'd assume were gonna be in the 15-25 range Stan. Maybe more. Not saying that all those people will be smoking cheese but I'm trying to plan on having enough food to feed everyone.

As of now I'm planning on smoking a turkey breast, and shoulder, and possibly some chicken cause I'm not sure were gonna have enough food. Stan you said your bringing some salmon, and tower was also going to do a shoulder. That's about what I know now. Not real organized so I'll be drinking plenty of PBR.

And humdinger mentioned something about smoking a roast or something but I haven't heard from him in a bit.

I also asked some of my friends to bring some sides so we will see what we get.... Lol

I will bring my mes for cheese and I can bring a charcoal smoker too for hot smoking.  So no problem.  

Looks to me that there will be 6 of us.

Kingfishcam

Humdinger

Towerclimber

Hillbillyrkstr

Oldschoolbbq

Handymanstan

Maybe @RobbQ will make it. 

Did I miss anyone? 
Hello all! 

Haven't had much time lately on this forum.  I still am trying to attend. If it's an early Saturday thing, I would need early start to set up and smoke. I see you are wondering about beef dishes? Pork too? I could do 1 of 2 things if I show.  My new and improved Bacon onion rings, perhaps a brisket. or some ribs to bite on. Perhaps something other then the knockout butt I had at Cams. That was about 14 hrs total with 2 hour rest. I would like to keep it small if so. And may have a smoked pumpkin porter beer to sample if so.

Again I will keep posted. October is always busy with kids cross country meets . And could fit the WSM in the car. Let me know on choices.

Would be nice to see you all again.

RobbQ

Beef or rings would be great Robb. Hopefully you can make it. Thanks.

OldSchool didn't sound like he was gonna make it last I heard. RobbQ also sounded like he wasn't sure. I'd count them both out.

Some of the neighbors that were at the chili cook off will be there, some of my friends and family as well. I'd assume were gonna be in the 15-25 range Stan. Maybe more. Not saying that all those people will be smoking cheese but I'm trying to plan on having enough food to feed everyone.

As of now I'm planning on smoking a turkey breast, and shoulder, and possibly some chicken cause I'm not sure were gonna have enough food. Stan you said your bringing some salmon, and tower was also going to do a shoulder. That's about what I know now. Not real organized so I'll be drinking plenty of PBR.
Well Robbq might make it and I hope @oldschoolbbq can come too.  I do have a full gallon ziplock of salmon to smoke so I might have to use the mes for that and the other smoker for cheese.  I will bring 6 tables and 30 chairs. 

Robbq I have to vote for the rings.  They were so good at Cams and don’t take that long to smoke.

Sure hope you can make it. 

Cam are you smoking any cheese?  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky