Nothing like the sweet taste of AlaskanBear's nuts! with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teeznuts

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Central Cali
After reading this thread by AlaskanBear http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/110443/smoked-my-nuts, I knew what I had to do. Found this 3lb bag at Costco for under$10.

bafb6578_IMGP3103.jpg

I made some nut racks out of some disposable grill toppers from wally world. Just folded up the 4 sides and they fit perfectly in the MES. The holes are large enough to let smoke in and small enough to keep my nuts from slipping out.

cb1fbebe_IMGP3098.jpg
a093e219_IMGP3099.jpg
c1c57472_IMGP3102.jpg
fe9eb6e1_IMGP3100.jpg

I followed the recipe in AlaskanBear's thread but I quadrupled it since I was using the whole 3lb bag. Once the almonds were added to the mix they were bagged in a 2 gallon ziplock and shaken well to get a nice coating. I let sit in the bag for an hour then smoked at 235 with cherry. Smoked for 3 hours. Divided into 3 bags. 2 I left as is but the 3rd got some cinnamon and sugar mix added. Delish!!!

b3d7a3c6_IMGP3104.jpg
e888780c_IMGP3106.jpg
56c12c71_IMGP3107.jpg
c5b93250_IMGP3108.jpg

Looks Great Teez!!!!

Thanks for showing & thanks again to my Great NorthWestern Brother Bear!!

Bear

All I can say is thanks Tee, and Scar. I found them to be most tasty and have done 3 more batches since.  Colder weather, in low 20's now, so the smoking will be halted untill spring unless one of those warm winter days catch me in desperate need of using the smoke house.

Rich

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky