not so good chuckie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brokenwing

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Maryland
I will have more qview pic, but need a new camera, so I have not been posting all my smokes. Anyway tonight I did st louis style spare ribs, and they were great. Did a chuckie smoked at 225 until the the temp hit 200, then removed it and let it sit. I foiled it at 170 with apple juice. I just went to pull it, and that thing had so much fat in the middle, and is tough as nails. So i just sliced it. Not sure where i went wrong, maybe just a cheap chuck roast is all I can thing of. The last one I did it fell apart in my hands, but I did inject that one with apple juice. Any ideas.

I think your "cheap chuck roast" is probably on the mark, especially since your first came out great. I've had fall-apart results w/o injection.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky