noobie to sausage making

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rather be in the keys

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Minne o so cold
I've graduated from fatties to whole chickens to some darn fine ribs (thanks to the famous rib rub and BBQ sauce).

I now think that I'm ready to attempt sausage and beef sticks.

I know that I've seen book mentioned here, but have searched some and couldn't find any names.

I'm looking specifically for some fish sausage recipes, but would like a good book or two. Any help.

I bought the cure and spices for beef sticks at Gander Mountain. I'll be making beef sticks this weekend. If I have any seeds what so ever, I'll take pictures for Q-View of my first attempt ( I can always destroy the evidence right?)

I have never heard of fish sausage.
icon_redface.gif

Gefilte fish would be the closest thing to fish sausage that I can think of that I've had. It's made like many sausages are made. Ground fish with aromatics and a binder that is blended like sausage then with gefilte fish it's poached in liquid. Sans casing

Rytek Kutas's book has a fish sausage recipe that I've yet to try, but it sounds good.

go to sauagemaker.com and they have some good books, and sausage kits, and seasoning.. this web site is great... everything you need to make sausage of any kind..been ordering thier stuff for years and everything is first class..hope this helps..

i go to sausagemaker.com they have everything you need to make sausage and kits too..they also have some great books you can get to teach you how to make sausage.. hope this help.. been ordering things from them for years and all first class..

I agree...sausagemaker.com is a great place to start,
IMO their mixes are better than the stuff from Gander.

Reactions: princess
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky