Newbie Smoker saying hello from Orlando Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

macguy

Original poster
Jun 5, 2015
Orlando Florida
Well, after years of grilling and putting several BBQ grills out to pasture I finally made the move to a smoker (but plan on keeping my existing grill as well).

Just received my new GOSM 38-Inch wide body yesterday. Bought Jeff's book last week and read it cover to cover. Have been lurking in the forums for a week reading the posts (great advice from obvious great smoke masters).

I will assemble the GOSM and season it this weekend, want to get a couple of trial smokes in before our huge July 4th party we have each year.

Glad to be part of what I hope is a great cooking experience.

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a nice warm sunny day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Welcome from SC, Macguy. You have already gotten a smoker and bought Jeff's book. Now all you need is Jeff's rub and sauce recipes. Then you will be a pro just like the rest of us..... Seriously, It's a long learning process that never ends and that's great. You will find lots of folks on this great site with tons of knowledge who are always eager to share ideas, tips, recipes and whatever you need. All you have to do is ask. And ALWAYS remember that you can eat your mistakes. Good luck, Joe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky