Newbie in Newport Oregon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

captain wings

Original poster
Sep 18, 2017
Newport Oregon
Aloha All, Retired Sea Captain , Purchased a condo in Newport Oregon and moved from Hilo Hi to Newport last year. Hooked on kitchen gadgets and recently got a never used Rival KC smoker at a garage sale. Great seafood here and thought I'd give smoking salmon a try.

Captain Wings, welcome aboard!  Glad you're here, moving from one heaven on earth to another in Newport, OR.  Smoke that fish and just about anything else that comes to mind. 

Enjoy the forum!

Ray 

Captain Wings, welcome,

Wife and I will be coming up thru Medford then Coos Bay while I participate in a smoked salmon festival in Medford.  Smoking salmon is a fun way to pass time.

Welcome! Newport is one of our favorite towns. My wife and I just stayed there two weeks ago.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a warm muggy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.   Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Welcome Capt'n!

You landed in a good spot for fresh seafood! But don't limit yourself to just salmon! Having grown up here salmon lost its charm it once held for me years ago. But now smoked Halibut or Sturgeon (or any rockfish for that matter)! Wow! Oh... and of course there are oyster farms here too! Crab is outstanding cooked right on the grill vs boiling. Sardines and Herring are just bait around here.
30.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky