Newbie in Newport Oregon

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by captain wings, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Aloha All, Retired Sea Captain , Purchased a condo in Newport Oregon and moved from Hilo Hi to Newport last year. Hooked on kitchen gadgets and recently got a never used Rival KC smoker at a garage sale. Great seafood here and thought I'd give smoking salmon a try.

2. noboundaries

noboundaries Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Captain Wings, welcome aboard!  Glad you're here, moving from one heaven on earth to another in Newport, OR.  Smoke that fish and just about anything else that comes to mind. 

Enjoy the forum!

Ray 

3. cmayna

cmayna Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Captain Wings, welcome,

Wife and I will be coming up thru Medford then Coos Bay while I participate in a smoked salmon festival in Medford.  Smoking salmon is a fun way to pass time.

4. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement and good luck in the competition.

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome to the forum!

Smoked salmon is a big favorite around here!

Al

6. keithu

keithu Fire Starter

Welcome! Newport is one of our favorite towns. My wife and I just stayed there two weeks ago.

7. [​IMG]   Good morning and welcome to the forum from a warm muggy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.   Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

8. browneyesvictim

browneyesvictim Smoking Fanatic ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome Capt'n!

You landed in a good spot for fresh seafood! But don't limit yourself to just salmon! Having grown up here salmon lost its charm it once held for me years ago. But now smoked Halibut or Sturgeon (or any rockfish for that matter)! Wow! Oh... and of course there are oyster farms here too! Crab is outstanding cooked right on the grill vs boiling. Sardines and Herring are just bait around here. [​IMG]