Newbie in Atlanta, GA.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shawnmaloney01

Fire Starter
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 24, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Hi, 

Just got my smoker for fathers day. Using the  Master Forge 2 door vertical propane smoker.

Added gasket to the doors as well, and seems to work well.

First smoker and looking forward to learning and many great meals ahead for the family and get together's with friends.

Live in Atlanta, GA.

Started reading Jeff's book and Myron Mixon's book.

Just seasoned the smoker this weekend and looking forward to first time to smoke for real.

HI there and welcome.  Lots of great people and info here . hope to see ya around

Which one of Myron's books are you reading.   How is it ?   info and recipe wise.

Happy Smoking

I got Smokin' with Myron Mixon 

So far just read the beginning parts about smoking in general, did flip through the recipes and they look good and will try some for sure.

Jeff's book is little more instructions and basics on smoking which is great, both books I am enjoying

Last edited by a moderator:
Been thinking about picking that up.   Thank's   I'm not much on reading but will read the heck outta something I enjoy.

Myron kinda come's off as an arrogant A Hole ... and I mean that in a good way.  so just did know how much of that I could take.

he does come across that way, his book has a little of that - but not near as bad as when he is on TV

Welcome to the forums, Shawn!  Glad you've joined us.  You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on our favorite pastimes...grilling, smoking, and curing great food!  There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who really enjoy helping one another.  Just ask any time you need help and you'll get plenty!

Red

Reactions: shawnmaloney01
welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us!

Jeff offers a free 5 day E-Course.  It's packed with great information to use...no matter what your experience level might be!  http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums.  Off site links are not allowed here at SMF.  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/terms-of-service

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

welcome . i am a new smoker as well and have jeffs book . I also have a book called Ithe complete idiots guide to smoking meat.  by Ted Reader.  may not be available in the states as he is canadian. (eh).  this was my first smoking book and it is great.  its not a fancy color book but it is a fantastic reference with lots of good recipes.  check it out.

gotta plug a fellow canadian

happy smoke!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky