Newbie from So Cal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

captivatedeyes

Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
long beach
Yo. Tons of great info already and I've barely scratched the surface. Very new to smoking. I fabbed up a smoker (horizontal hexagonal with rectangle side firebox). My neighbor is a pro (builder and smoker) and helped me out big time. The smoker is almost ready for paint and I will then post pics. It took about 2 weeks to build and $200 in materials. Handmade in the USA.

Welcome to the SMF, best smokin' site on the net. looking forward to some pics on that custom smoker, I used to fish Belmont Shores Pier for the longest time, nice city.

Welcome the SMF you'll enjoy your visits!!!
You mean we're supposed to paint the smoker after we build it?????
frown.gif

I finished mine late last fall, wanted to get it home to smoke something so it hasn't seen any paint yet. This summers project. Maybe the paint will hid some of my 'fine' welding.......

Welcome to SMF Cap. I also am in progress building a pull behind smoker. It will be about 4 feet wide, about 3 feet diameter with a 2 feet side firebox. I to will post pics.

would love to see pix of your project....i am looking at everyone's ideas to try to science out the build before i start...many people with great ideas and tips here..............
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif

Welcome to the site. Can't wait to see your homebuilt. Building something yourself is always fun and a source of great pride.

Kookie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky