New to this

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kevo

Original poster
Jan 13, 2015
Rockport, TX
How's it going everybody,

My name is Kevin, wife just got me a smoker (Masterbuilt XL gas). Never have had a smoker. Always wanted one so I can get into it. Now I'm excited to go at it. From a small town on the southern coast of Texas called Rockport. I work a lot (shift) at a chemical plant. Got a little angel of a daughter that I love a bunch and the best wife I could ask for. Pretty excited to join this forum and get into smoking. Always wanted to try it. I remember my uncles making awesome brisket, ribs, chicken, everything. I love food and some good cold beer to go with it. Just going to browse around and pick up a bunch of good advise and info to educate myself to start it off.

Welcome from Louisiana. You will find a wealth of knowledge here from members who are happy to share it. Don't hesitate to ask questions and take advantage of the search bar.

Reactions: kevo
The search bar at the top of the page is a great resource.  Have a question/problem simply search it.  You may always post any questions you have and someone will be along shortly to help you.

Richard

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a chilly day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Thanks for the welcome guys. Hope everyone is staying warm wherever y'all reside and Happy New Year. Will definitely be asking questions to all of y'all seasoned veterans out there.

Welcome to the board, Kevin! As for keeping warm, they're calling for 6F here overnight. But at least that's 6 ABOVE zero, unlike the last cold snap.

Hello homeboy and Welcome to our addiction.  Grew up in Mathis ( 40 yrs. ).  Last 15 yrs. living in England.  Many GREAT fishing trips around your area.  If I can be of any help feel free to shoot me a PM.  Many good folks here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have, and pictures help a bunch.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  Check out Jeff’s 5 day smoking E-Course ( link below ) that will help you get started.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse

Hey congrats on the smoker, glad your enjoying smoking

gary

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

Hey Kevin, know where Rockport is Understand plant work, back in the late 70's early 80's I ran a crane making heavy lifts at most of the plants down on the coast.

Welcome again

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky