New to this forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

love2dive

Original poster
May 23, 2013
Manassas, VA
Hi all,

My name is James and I live in Manassas, VA.  If you're not sure where Manassas is, it is about 45 minute west of D.C.  However the traffic around here is so horrendous that it's safer to say that Manassas is more like 3 hours west of D.C.  My wife and I love BBQ.  We've eaten at many different BBQ restaurants up and down the east coast including in Houston, TX.  Some places are better than other.  Locally for us, we have yet to find a good BBQ place. 

I love to cook and I love to grille, and been grilling for over 25 years.  I bought a Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker for Christmas and spent New Years Eve into New Years Day, a total of 20 hours smoking a pork butt.  I was up the entire night to monitor the smoker and adjusted the air vent accordingly every half hour.  My wife thought I was crazy, I called it a labor of love.  However, to allow me a bit of sleep, I bought a BBQ Guru temp controller.  It was definitely money well spent.  So far, I've BBQ'd pork butt, Cornish hens, St Louis style spare ribs and beef brisket.. 

I joined this forum hoping to learn more of the trick of the trade from those with far more experience than me, and perhaps I have something that I can share back in return.

Aside from the love of cooking, I enjoy spending my time with my family, playing computer and video games, and scuba diving.

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! Would you mind updating your profile to show the other SMF members where you are located?  Just might meet a few new neighbors! 

I agree....smoking is Zen time for me!  Labors of Love of the Smoke! (and the tastes)

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/terms-of-service

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

Hello , Lovetodive . Welcome to our World . We invite you to jump in and start . Questions are never stupid. We all started off as a Newbie.

Now, send some Q-view of your equipment and someone with knowledge of you type of Smoker will help you. We pride ourselves in offering the best answers on the Web. There are no Snobs here, we are family oriented and help each other as Family would, so join in and have fun.

As always , have fun and . . .

Welcome to the forums, James! Glad you've joined us. You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on our favorite pastime...grilling and smoking great food! There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here who really enjoy helping one another. Just ask when you need help and you'll get plenty.

Red

Hi James! :welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 45,000 members who just love to share their experience and over 900,000 posts describing it!

The search bar at the top can be your best friend when you are trying to find answers to your questions but you can still ask too if you want!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-Course, it will teach you all the basics plus a whole lot more!

Q-View is just pictures of your smokes or smoking equipment.

Thanks. I will take a picture on Monday of my smoker and the ribs and pork butt that I will be smoking and post them then.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky