New to the Whole Smoking game

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redhorse

Original poster
Apr 4, 2008
SW Missouri
I smoked my first piece of meat today! I got half a Boston Butt at a local Grocery and tried it out. Had a rub on it for a couple of days and smoked it up, It tasted good. I have been looking on here for a couple of weeks since I got my smoker( a GOSM ) and it was missing the outer Temp gauge. I will probably fire it up again this weekend and definitely put more meat in this time. Thanks for a great site and the bountiful information
Kurt

Good job on the mini butt. Get yourself a good therm, and the possibilities are endless, and the Q should be better for sure!

icon_smile.gif

Welcome to SMF! There are lots of folks here who love to share their experience, all ya need to do is ask. As you get to know the "personality" of your smoker and get a few more smokes under your belt, you'll see your results improving more than you can imagine.

Welcome to the site and don't foget the Qview we enjoy it. Lots of good info around too

Hey redhorse, welcome aboard! You came to the right place to become a mo' better smoker! Been smoking for less than a year now and have had some fantastic results just from following the advice of the old (and young) vets in here. I really can't remember the last time I fired up my grill. Thinking about converting it to a smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky