New to the Whole Smoking game

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by redhorse, Apr 16, 2008.

1. I smoked my first piece of meat today! I got half a Boston Butt at a local Grocery and tried it out. Had a rub on it for a couple of days and smoked it up, It tasted good. I have been looking on here for a couple of weeks since I got my smoker( a GOSM ) and it was missing the outer Temp gauge. I will probably fire it up again this weekend and definitely put more meat in this time. Thanks for a great site and the bountiful information
    Kurt

2. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Good job on the mini butt. Get yourself a good therm, and the possibilities are endless, and the Q should be better for sure!

[​IMG]

3. flyin'illini

flyin'illini Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

redhorse, welcome. Every attempt gets better I can attest with the help of the SMF.

4. homebrew & bbq

homebrew & bbq Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to SMF! There are lots of folks here who love to share their experience, all ya need to do is ask. As you get to know the "personality" of your smoker and get a few more smokes under your belt, you'll see your results improving more than you can imagine.

5. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard............Glad you found us here...........

6. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the site and don't foget the Qview we enjoy it. Lots of good info around too

7. seboke

seboke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hey redhorse, welcome aboard! You came to the right place to become a mo' better smoker! Been smoking for less than a year now and have had some fantastic results just from following the advice of the old (and young) vets in here. I really can't remember the last time I fired up my grill. Thinking about converting it to a smoker.