New to SmokingMeatForums

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by bulldogbacchus, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Thanks for having me. For me, things having sort of come full circle. I started out cooking briskets on a smoker I built when I was 20 years old. Over the last 32 years, my cooking has  evolved.....French, Italian, Thai, Southern....and now I am back to smoking meats, messing around with rubs and sauces. I am trying to learn to cook ribs well. I am currently cooking on a Big Green Egg, but planning on building an insulated vertical smoker. I would like to be able to control heat as well as on the Egg. I have read with great interest many of the threads here, and have seen some great work. Any help is appreciated.  

Regards to all.

Matt

2. Maybe you could incorporate a BBQ Guru or something simular into your design.

3. dogcop1us

dogcop1us Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum!!!

4. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

Matt, welcome aboard!  Searching through the Smoking Supplies & Equipment section, there are a lot of great build ideas and information there.  Looking forward to your future post and don't forget the Qview.  

5. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview. [​IMG]

6. meateater

Wrong section cowboy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010
  7. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I just flagged his posts

8. meateater

So did I Gary!