New to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chbart

Original poster
Oct 15, 2016
Hello all, just joined the forum, and love what I see so far. Im new to smoking, but always wanted to get into it. From St. Louis, MO (STL style ribs babe!!)  Just bought a new OK Joe offset Highlander, like anything else, pros & cons I notice so far, but lovn it. Been watching a TON of YouTube vids and lookn at lots of forum info to sling shot myself into this. Got er seasoned, and already jumped into 2 smokes thus far, Spare ribs STL style, and baby backs. Jumped into it a little too fast on the first inaugural spare rib smoke as I've been like a boy on Christmas morning, before I knew exactly what I was supposed to do, put em on naked, no wrap, no 3-2-1, bout 4 hours, using the factory thermometer (big mistake), and um...well lets just say its the best way to learn :). Baby backs the following weekend I put a little skill into it - much better, cant wait to do my third, gonna use 3-2-1, better Maverick ET-733 thermo for better temp/cook control, (thanks to you guys recommending here), and I think they gonna come out mouth watering.

Anyway, looking forward to sharing ideas & learning with you all here!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky