New to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

toneeydee

Original poster
Jul 16, 2016
Poconos PA
Hey guys. New to smoking. Lived in NC for 10 years and moved up to the Poconos in PA. Got a char broil vertical gas smoker.

Started the smoker at 600 this morning and 12 hours later we had ribs and some pulled pork. Let me know if it looks like I did everything right (food tasted good so I'm headed in the right direction)

That stuff all looks dangerous to me.

You must immediately pack it all in ice and

send it to me for testing.  
biggrin.gif

It all looks great, bet it tastes great too.

Welcome to you.

Have fun.

Ed

Reactions: toneeydee
Thanks guys! Already looking forward to being a part of this community!

Question for you guys?

I went through a lot of chips yesterday. Could be that I was running a little too hot at some points. Any suggestions for using chunks va chips of hickory?

Also I got an I grill2 (used the igrill mini for my first smoke) for $49 which I thought was a steal! Any thoughts on this device?

Thanks in advance!

Chunks are the way to go.  Make sure there is no bark left on them.

I have no experience with the iGrill, many here (myself included) are fans of the Maverick.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky