New to Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peleepassage

Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Ok smokers. Unwrapped the master built Santa left me. I see a lot of chicken, fish, cheese and nuts into future. What's your suggestion for the first smoke.

Welcome to the board! I'm near Kenny/Henderson.

I suggest: first, look up your model of smoker in this board's Search to see how people use it. Second, get to know your smoker with something inexpensive like chicken leg quarters before your devote $$$ to something that might flop. Third, POST PICS or we will tease you.

Thanks BlueWhisper. I'm actually near Davidson HS in Hilliard. We do a lot of chicken so I'll probably start there. I have the Master built 30 electric. If the rain stops I might get to use it tomorrow.

Take the time to check the set temp of you smoker against a known thermometer most are off right out of the box. Then start easy and work your way up. The search bar at the top of any page is your friend. Remember to post a Qview and patience! It is done when it is done.

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky