New Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluegillman

Original poster
Dec 10, 2007
Sturgis, Mi.
Evening all! I want to buy a new smooker in the $300 to $400 range. It is frustrating here on the forum with so many opinions and so many options. I don't want to spend money on something that does't work or mee my needs. I don't like my cheap walmart gas box smooker. I do not have alot of time to spend smoking, so I want something I don't have to babysit all the time. I know this is a difficult question to answer? Too many choices. I really have no preferences. Gander Mountain seems to be the only places in my area that carries smokers. Can any of you veterans out there help me out? I am enjoying the forum, but sometimes I get frustrated with too much information. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Ron

Welcome to SMF!

I use a Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse. It sounds like it might fit your requirements. It doesn't take a lot of babysitting to maintain temps because it has a thermostat. It's insulated. There are a couple of sizes that all fit within your price guidelines. The larger one (which I have) was about $300 at Sam's Club. It has 4 shelves in it and each one will hold a rack of ribs.

I'm sure others will be along shortly with their opinions to share.

Good luck with your decision making.
icon_smile.gif

Hi bluegill;
Your stated profile and cost range fit the MES to a T.
You will have to attend to it about every 30 minutes to resupply the wood until you wrap the meat in foil but other than that it will go unattended and do a good job for you. the smaller mes is about $200 and the larger one available at Sam's and I think Bass Pro for $400 are available on a not on sale basis. They can be purchase cheaper when a sale condition exists.

I would get the larger if money is not the deciding factor.

All that said there are other fine choices out there.

Good Luck
Marvin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky