New smoker in Indiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

norrell6

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 4, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Hello out there! My name is Matt and I have been smoking for less than six months. I started with a Brinkmann Gourmet Charcoals smoker. It does a great job, but it is a little narrow sometimes and keeping steady is heat is very time consuming.
I have used this site to research some gas smokers and I just received an early Father's Day present of a Smoky Mountain Series gas smoker. It is 20" X 14" with three shelves, water pan, and cast iron smoker box. I just used it today for the first time. I made an eight pound pork shoulder that I rubber the night before, then rubbed in mustard and spice rub again right before going on the smoker. I smoked it for almost 12 hours and it was the best pulled pork that I have made so far.

I will be making a couple of racks of baby backs tomorrow in the gas smoker.

My Smokers/Grills are:

Brinkmann Gourmet Charcoal
Smoky Mountain Series Great Outdoor gas smoker
Charbroil Stainless Grill w/cast iron grates

Any ideas out there about recipes or ideas of what to do with leftover pulled pork?

Look forward to your ideas.

Matt

Welcome to the forum, Matt. As far a left over pulled pork, I freeze it in zip lock bags. It never lasts long enough to worry about vacuum sealing.

Welcome to SMF! Hope you enjoy the forum.

As for leftover pp, you can make chili, BBQ pizza, BBQ spaghetti, and other mouthwatering things with it.

Hope this helps!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Hello matt, and welcome to the SMF. Congrats on the new smoker, that should perk you up for Father's day!

Hi Matt and Welcome to the forum. I'm in Maumee Oh on the banks of the muddy Maumee. What part of In are yo from?

Use your imagination with the left overs and see what you can discover. Let us know ok.

Welcome to the forum. Left overs? you got pulled pork left overs???? LOL.

I have to second bb53chevpro ~ if I were to have some..i would start with the easy bbq sammie....then perhaps the breakie burrito..or like machaca with eggs..
although...freezing the pulled pork in its juice...then re-heating in the bag...in a pot of boiling water....makes me think this is the best leftover pulled pork

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky