new smoker for a buddy of mine

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fourashleys

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Lincoln, Ne
Got started on one of my buudy's smoker today. should be a fairly quick build depending on if the OT keeps up. Starting this one with a 25 gallon air compressor tank for the cookbox and a 30 lb. lp tank for the firebox.

Got the top edge cut except for the center tab. Those old door hinges are coming in handy. Not my first choice but I already have them here collecting dust and taking up space. They worked fine for my big rig so why not. Got them welded on and now since it's my day off I'll take a nap so I can get some more OT on third shift tonight. Hopefully I get some more progress tomorrow morning. I'll try to remember to keep the pics coming.

[quote name="Tom37" url="/forum/thread/105802/new-smoker-for-a-buddy-of-mine#post_624205"]Looking good!

LOL, just can't stay away from building can ya? [/quote]

Building them has become almost as addictive as using them. I've got tanks in the garage for two more folks have already bought. Gives me some play money. Nice to get paid to "play" in the shop though. :yahoo: :welder:

Got the tank opened up today. Couldn't sleep so I figured I'd try to be productive. The tank was nice and clean inside except for some rust piled up at what was the bottom. A putty knife made quick work of it though and the tank is solid. Got the door trim on and cleaned up. Got OT all weekend so hopefully I can get back at it on Tuesday.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky