New Member Mattm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mattm

Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
Matt from Texas
Been smoking with inconsistent results for a few years
Had an old bullet style smoker that did ok
Now have an Oklahoma Joe Competition smoker and I can not control the fire at all...veeery inconsistent and I need help
Thinking of a BGE...
Want the family to hail me as the Messiah of BBQ
Looking forward to getting to know everyone!!

Howdy Matt and welcome to the SMF. Your in the right place for help with the OJ. The family will be rejoicing soon!

Welcome to the forum Matt! Glad to have you here.
smile.gif

Hey Matt,

Welcome to the site. I can't help much with the smokers you mentioned but there will be people here that can. There are tons of great people here. Also, you should check out Jeff's 5 day e-course. There is a section just for fires. It's free and very helpful I think. The next place to look is in the charcoal/wood burning smokers. You'll find that in the same place you found roll call just further down. But, now that you have introduced yourself feel free to post specific questions. Someone here knows the answer. That's for sure.

Good luck,

Smoke_Chef

Hello Matt, and welcome to the SMF. You'll have plenty of feedback real soon on that fire control issue.

Great to have ya! Wish I could help ya with your smoker issue
confused.gif
. Most times it seems to be an air flow issue, but I don't know that unit. You have found the correct place to make yourself the smoking KING. Help is on the way
icon_smile.gif

Welcome to the forum Matt! Hope ya get that unit under control soon, looking forward to seeing your future Q-view!

Welcome to the forum. We'll have you smoking consistantly in no time flat.
May all your smoke be thin and blue.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky