New member! I found the gloryhole!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

25xt

Original poster
Mar 18, 2016
Awesome site as I've been lurking for about a month now seeing whats the best brand ES i could get. Well today I found a smoking deal, a MES 30inch for $90 Brand NEW! Only thing missing is the temp gauge. So a few question, do I need the OEM therm or an aftermarket would be sufficient?  Secondly, this is my first smoker EVER so what are the process or processes to "break in" my new smoker?

Thanks all!

XT

Welcome XT! I would get aftrmarket thems to monitor meat temp and smoker temp.  I use a Maverick.  Nice score on that MES!

Mike

Welcome to SMF!

I agree on the aftermarket therm. You can get them at Walmart for $15 or you can get a dual probe Maverick for $50-$60.

Either way, it's a must have item.

As for seasoning, just spray the inside with PAM & turn it on it's highest setting with wood chips in the pan. Keep adding chips every 1/2 hour or when it stops smoking. Leave it on for a couple of hours & your good to go.

What are you planning to smoke first?

I would suggest something easy & cheap like chicken wings.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky