New member from WA State

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goobzilla

Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Centralia, WA
Hello,

I'm Ron and I've been smoking for about 6 years on my Kamado K7. I actually have 8 butts on the Kamado right now for myself and co-workers, went on at 6AM. I found this site while surfing around looking for an Electric smoker to add to my arsenal. I'm thinking either MES or Bradley right now. I live in Centralia, WA 1/2 way between Portland and Seattle and I love BBQ. My wife and I are KCBS certified judges, but we don't compete, we'd rather just eat.

Welcome aboard SMF,hope you enjoy yourself here.I know what you mean about just rather eat the food.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Goobzilla
Welcome to SMF !!!
For electric smokers I have the 30" and the 40" stainless MES and am very happy with them.

Went to class taught by Jim Minion inventor of the "Minion method" for all you WSM fans. It was a fun day, lots to learn and lots to eat. Not a lot of contests out this way, so we don't get to judge very often. But I do love getting my "Q" on at home, and the wife and I are thinking about doing a Texas BBQ vacation this year. Going to do a loop and hit a bunch of the famous places in Texas (City Market, Kreutz, etc.) it should rock!

Welcome to the SMF Ron, sounds like you enjoy the best of smokin', eating that is. Have a gfeat weekend.

Ron, welcome to SMF, and enjoy. Might check out the Events area, as we are planning a get together in June. Thought it may be possible for you to swing up to Mo. while you and you wife were on vacation and join us at the gathering. Just a thought. Ask any questions you may have, someone will be by to help you out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky