New Guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokemifyagotum

Original poster
Sep 6, 2015
Hello everyone!  I'm Wil from Chesapeake, VA.  I'm sort of new to smoking.  I have loved smoked meat all of my life.  My grandfather did not have a smoker, he had a smoke house.  It was attached to his garage in Dovesville, SC.  He owned plantation property that was no longer a plantation when I came along, and the smoker was part of life for them.  It is how they preserved meat before refrigeration came along.  I have to admit, I did not learn anything from him or my father about smoking because he and my father both died before I was old enough to know how important it was at the time. I joined the Navy and moved away to Virginia where I still reside today.  Eating smoked meat has been the name of the game to me until about 3 years ago.  I bought a grill that had a smoker in it.  I started smoking brisket first and my first smoking experience was burnt on the outside but the inside was so awesome that I did not give up.  I moved on to what I felt was perfecting my first attempt at brisket smoking and got it RIGHT!  I smoked the brisket for Thanksgiving and the whole family was there and loved it.  I have since started smoking ribs as well and for my newbie level of smoking I love em.  They were a bit spicy on the rub I created, but the flavor was awesome.  So the grill died and I have not smoked again because I got rid of the grill.  So today I bought a Smoke Hollow 44" Dual Burner Propane Smoker.  Before I both it.  I looked for reviews on it and found it was not a bad smoker from this forum.  So I bought it!!.  Now I want to learn more about smoking!  Thanks for having this site available. I look forward to interacting with you guys!!

Sincerely,

Wil

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a nice cloudy day in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Welcome from SC, Wil. With the experience that you have already, I know you will enjoy this site. There are lots of folks here that are always ready to share their ideas and tips. All you have to do is ask. Where is Dovesville? I've never heard of it.

Good luck and keep on smokin', Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky