New Guy

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by pigpin, Oct 9, 2011.

1. I am new to the SMF but I have been reading the post for several weeks now. I am impressed with the way everyone shares their knowledge and skills to help everyone out. I have been smoking/grilling for several years now but I now have the itch to build my own smoker/cooker so I will be asking a lot of questions. I thought I new something about cooking until I started reading some of your post. I see that there is a wealth of knowledge here and I look forward to reading more of the post.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. rivet

rivet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hey Pig, let me be the first to welcome you here. You already love it I can tell...good to go! Don't worry about asking a lot of questions, we are all here to help. And don't forget the PM Feature (Private Message) if you want to discuss some detail offline with a member.

Don't forget we love the Que-Vue aroun' heah!

3. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF!

No such things as stupid questions, Ask away.

4. ellymae

ellymae Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the party!

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]    Glad to have you with us!

6. scrappynadds

scrappynadds Smoking Fanatic

Great to have you on board. I to am new and still looking for the "perfect box" to begin my project...........

7. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

[​IMG]to SMF -looking forward to seeing what you decide 

8. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member

First off [​IMG]  to SMF. There is a huge wealth of knowledge here, and folks are eager to help any way they can.

I suggest you take the 5 day e-course on smoking http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse.html

Even if you are not new to smoking it's a great read.