New guy in LV, NV

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

earthquake

Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
HI guys

my name is Casey, I live in Las Vegas, NV. I'm in the process of building a smoker out of a old Film drying cabinet, I have some old storage racks that look to be chrome plated that I have cut to fit in my cabinet, will these be safe to cook on? Does any body know where to get hard woods good for smoking here? we have a lot of mulberry trees here, being a fruit tree will they work? I'm going to build my hot box out of 3/16" or 1/4" mild steel plate, is this going to be over kill? the film drying cabinet is made from about 16 gage sheet metal about 30" square and about 6' tall, it has doors on two sides. I will try to post a picture of it when I can, Thanks for any help.

Casey

welcome1.gif
   Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to  your first qview. 
icon14.gif

Casey, I live in the NW and I am going to hit this place up Sat am.  I called him and what ever flavor you want he has at about a dollar or so a pound.  I plan on stocking up so give it a go.  If not, I have been paying apple chunks at Smith's.

2584 North Nellis Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89115-4502
(702) 644-8033  

Happy Smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!

vegassmokeout

Thanks, I have driven passed that place and did not know he had hard wood.

Casey

Casey, I live in the NW and I am going to hit this place up Sat am.  I called him and what ever flavor you want he has at about a dollar or so a pound.  I plan on stocking up so give it a go.  If not, I have been paying apple chunks at Smith's.

2584 North Nellis Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89115-4502
(702) 644-8033  

Happy Smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been getting mine at Bass Pro but will have to see what they have, thanks. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky