New Guy from Philly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

paddyboy

Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Philadelphia
First I would like to say hello to everyone out there. I would have have to say I am such a new guy to this that I don't even have a smoker yet. I have considered myself a grill guy for years until I started reading everything here. Apparently I don't have a clue. I am Looking to pick up a gas smoker (I know, I know) It seems like it will be easier to get my feet wet. I don't have alot of money to spend and I was looking at the Kenmoore Vertical Smoker at Sears and Brinkmann Vertical Gas Smoker at Home Depot. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to SMF paddyboy.... I've got a Kenmoore gasser and use it quite a bit and have no complaints about it....it is easier to run than my stickburner.
Glad ta have ya here!

Welcome to SMF. Glad you joined us. Whereabouts are you located? I'm about 30 miles kind of southwest of Philly.
icon_lol.gif

I wanted the best of both worlds, I specifically picked the Char-griller 800 Pro because it has the side fire box AND a charcoal pan under the main grilling surface. Love smoking but also do like to grill with high heat sometimes to :)

Either way... it's good eats! Let the party begin!

Thanks for the warm welcome, to answer one of the questions I live in the North East. I'm glad to see the Kenmoore was ok I appreciate the advice and plan on reading everything I can on the Subject.

Welcome to the party - nice to see another PA person on the board!
Keep an eye out on craigslist - it's an opportunity to pick up a grill when someone upgrades to gas - nice way to get started.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky