New guy from Alabama!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brill

Original poster
Sep 6, 2015
Although I have been grilling for many years, I just starting smoking in the past year. My wonderful wife bought me a nice electric smoker for Christmas last year, and we have been using it at least twice a month. I will be using it even more now that football is back! War Eagle btw. :) I love to smoke most anything, but my favorite is pork butt, followed my brisket. I don't get to do much brisket lately though because it is just too expensive right now. 

I have an old fridge in my garage that I am thinking of turning into a smoker. we have fund raisers for the kids from time to time, and smoking several butts at a time while hanging out with friends is always a good time.

I live in the greater Birmingham area in the small city of Kimberly. As you might guess, I am fanatical about college football and tailgating. I am looking forward to getting better at cooking meat with the help of everyone at smoking meat!

War Eagle from Maine from an ole Sand Mountain (Sylvania) boy and welcome to the forum. There is a world of information to be found here and lots to be learned regardless of one's experience. Input from all is welcome.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky