New guy first build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well it should hold my smoker up shouldn't it. Trying to figure out what to do for feet on legs. Seporate pads or I beam or like 1x6 flat tube or something about 3 feet across. It's going in one spot and never move.

Yep got to go slow on those saws. Keep them cool!

Like your air gap plate in the firebox, looks good.

This thing is going to be heavy when your done, think about putting some wheels on it. I just hauled my 16" patio over to Tampa, kicked my but trying to load it on the trailer by myself.

Life changes, and your not going to want to leave that thing behind if you move.

Was going slow with drill with oil but when it caught torque on that drill is an arm breaker need to use my makita. Me and the smoker is dying here it only need to go about 25 feet from garage and it's home for life.

Man my arm is sore I think it took a beer per hole.Have to stay lubricated you know or was that the hole saw.oh well.
sausage.gif

Looking good, you will have smoke coming out in no time.

Gary S

Don't I need to weld nipples or something on door for thermometers. Are you guy just closing the lid on maverick wires or drilling a hole for them.

Very nice job on the vents! 

Wow, you posted more photos after I responded, it all looks great! Love the rock setup so you don't have to worry about spilled grease, very smart!

About the thermo leads, one of the cleaner rigs I've seen was a nipple welded in and a tapered flask plug like is used in chemistry. He slit the rubber where the holes were and kept the stopper with the leads. I don't know what size they were but they are on Amazon and maybe available locally.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky