New GOSM MOD.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

steve s

Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Hey all we had some bad thunderstorms yesterday and wouldn't you know it I was smoking a couple fatties at the time it hit. Other than a serious temp. drop everything was fine or so I thought until I opened the door. The bottom of the door is bent to form a channel for strength on the metal, well it was full of rain water.

So I drilled four 3/8in holes in the bottom of the door on the inside and now it will not hole rain or spilled water pan contents.
steve

That sounds like a good mod, Steve. I hope your smoke turned out alright. I just picked up a GOSM today and am seasoning it right now. I'll have to implement your idea soon!

Nice! That's a great way to avoid having grease collect in the bottom of the door... thanks!!
biggrin.gif

As soon as I finish here I am chucking in a bit and will do the same!

Thanks!

Nice mod, I may try that myself.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky