New from Salt Lake City

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by meat eat'r, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Hey everyone glad to be on board, my real name is Adam and I have been smoking for about 4 years now. I started with a little bullet type smoker and after about 2 months I decided that was way to small so I built my Vertical 55 gallon drum smoker and have been using it ever since. About a year ago I acquired a 150 gallon LP tank that I decided I should convert. Well It has sat until 2 weeks ago when I acquired a trailer to mount it on. I am now on a rampage trying to get this thing put together before the end of September. It will have 2 racks in the Brisket/Butt chamber and then 4 racks in the Ribs chamber. When I first started I would smoke for just the wife and I but it has since grown to family and friends. The new smoker will of course have the offset firebox and will be a all wood burning unit. I look forward to meeting everyone on the boards. Thanks everyone!!!

2. wutang

wutang Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome aboard from another smoker named Adam. Everyone here is willing to answer questions. You gotta post some pics of this smoker your building!

3. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome Adam. Hope ya get that smoker built. Be careful cutting into that tank.

4. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF. Like the others said, we need pics.

5. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome Adam, glad to have you here!