New Braunfels Bandera smoker, local sale need info on this, photos included

Discussion in 'Side Fire Box' started by corndog, May 26, 2013.

1. This smoker Is for sale locally. I haven't looked at it in person, but they sent these photos. I don't know anything about this model smoker, so any info by someone knowledgeable would be much appreciated. I do know that they aren't being made any longer.

How can I tell if this is the older version built by New Braunfels and not the cheaper version by Charbroiled?

Is it a smoker that one can maintain temp fairly well?

Do you see anything missing?

What would be a fair price for this smoker? What would it have sold for new?

Thanks!

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  2. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

3. Thanks for the info boykjo.

After doing a bit of searching for info. I see it should have four grates in the smoke box and some meat hangers. I think they are asking too much for it, but I may go take a look at it and see if the price is firm or negotiable.

4. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I agree, a nice (heavy looking one). I would jump on that if it was heavy, the light ones are real light(mostly knock-offs) .

Ask them how much they want and try to get it cheaper , I'd give a (in - the - know ) person , up to $200. ,keep your fingers crossed that they want a nice . fair price[​IMG]  .

Good luck and as always . . .

5. I'm going to go check it out tomorrow if possible.

6. kathrynn

kathrynn Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Crossing fingers for ya!  Good Luck!

Kat

7. It was sold before I could get there. Too bad. :(

8. kathrynn

Totally NOT Fair!

Kat

9. Kat, I felt the same, but then stumbled upon another NB with a side fire box. Posted photos hoping for some input from the community on whether or not it's worth the asking price.

10. kathrynn

Saw that....and saw you got a few comments.  I am looking myself....but just looking right now.  Want a stick burner for comps.

Kat