New Bradley Digital

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin skip

Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Oxford Pa.
I just bought one of these Bradleys for cold smokin and for days when I dont have time to be a fire bug.I have an ecb and have had great success with it but this Bradley is new to me.
Does anyone out there have any experience or tips with a Bradley electric ? I'm gonna fill it up with food and smoke next weekend.

Thanx
Skip

May the blue be with you !
498d24c4_vbattach11010.jpg

I have been using the Bradley smoker for awhile now but not the Digital.
I can tell you this:
On the negative side;
It won't crisp up the skin on anything..It just doesn't have the heat.
It does take a little while to figure out how much to leave the top vent open in order to get the right amount of smoke.
Temps fall off real quick when you open the door.
Not a lot of room inside for bigger smoke sessions.
You have to add an extra biscuit to allow for the last biscuit not feeding to the burner other wise you smoke time will be short by twenty minutes.

On the positive side :
It is pretty easy to clean.
It does a good job flavour wise when you hot smoke.
It's pretty easy to smoke anything from Meat to Fish.
The temp sensor on the door of mine is accurate although I do use a Maverick temp sensor through the vent.
Self feeding smoke biscuits are great.
I have heard of people using that spray on non stick stuff on the inside walls for an even easier cleanup afterwards.
I have smoked pork shoulders, cornish hens, chickens,walleye, bass, trout, all came out real tasty.
You just have to finish it on the Q or in the oven to crisp it up.
Hope this helps
icon_smile.gif

Gremlin,

There is a guy that sells aluminum pucks (Bubba Pucks chezbubba.com I think) you can use so you don't waste any wood pucks. If you get on the Bradley web page and go to the forum, there is a lot of info there, just like here!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky