Never saw a smoker like this

Discussion in 'Charcoal Smokers' started by shellbellc, Feb 21, 2007.

1. shellbellc

shellbellc Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Has anyone ever seen anything like this??? It could turn anything into a cold smoker!!! On eBay there are two links, one which shows it working and one that explains how to get it fired up. This could put out the perfiect thin blue smoke I'll bet!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOOD-BURNING-BBQ...QQcmdZViewItem

2. shellbellc

3. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I've not seen anything like that. It looks like an old electric coffee pot modified. I would like to see a better picture of it. When I click on the demo link it shows up as broken.

The idea has potential though for smoking cheese and the like.

Keep Smokin

4. shellbellc

The demo just shows a thin blue coming out of the tube. In reading about it it also states that condensation will come out of the tube, I wonder if this is the same principal as Liquid Smoke? I use it occasionally when making indoor beans and stuff. If that's the case, you could use this for liquid apple, liquid cherry, liquid mesquite, etc...I don't know what that process is though.

5. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

There's another site somewhere that has a smoke blower of some sort. Supoosed to work for hot or cold smoke. slowly burns canisters and blows smoke out into the grill or something. Can't find the link but it was expensive.