Need some rib rub help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scmelik

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
South Dakota
Guys (and Gals),

I am in charge of our christmas dinner this year and we are having ribs.  Since it is for Christmas I want to make a rub that is a Christmas themed rub and I have been thinking about using gingerbread in the rub.  I have a couple of question for you more experienced and good recipe developers.  Can/Should I just eleminate the sugar in my normal rub and replace it with dried gingerbread?  develop a whole new rub (need some help if that happens).  I am planning on making a cherry glaze to go on top of the ribs so that is going to play into the development process.

Gingerbread has cinnamon, ginger and cloves in it, you should use those 3 ingredients in the rub, perhaps with some molasses powder if you can find it. Save the gingerbread for dessert.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky