Need Pork Tenderloin Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinstevo

Original poster
May 13, 2010
Gonna smoke a pork tenderloin this weekend and wondering if anyone has suggestions how to prepare it.

Thinking about brining it, but may just inject and apply a rub.

Looking forward to any suggestions!

Steve

I did a couple marinated in soy sauce, fresh grated ginger, sesame oil, olive oil, a touch of honey and brown sugar, and garlic powder. Also threw some chopped scallions into the marinade. Smoked them with hickory for about 2 hours until they were 150-155 internally. Came out really good!

I like that, seems simple. How long does it take to reach that temp? What kind of rub do you use? Thinking of something like a KC sweet rub.

Thanks

How long will at 5 pound pork tenderloin take to cook? I'm guessing about 4 hours assuming a temp of 225. Giuessing I'll pull it off when the temp reaches about 150.

Gonna rub it, inject with apple juice and smoke it.

Oh yea, I get to try out the ET-73 thermometer too, just got it.

TIA

Tendeloin can get dry quick. Just make sure when internal is correct you get it off pronto and you will be fine.

It sounds like you have a pretty good plan for your loin. I would smoke it at 225° and take it to about 145° and you might want to lay some bacon over it while it smoking too. Then cooler it for about 45 mins to an hour.

I like to make an herb/butter sauce to drop it in after I slice it up, before plating. Use whatever your faves are, for me since I have the herb garden I use fresh garlic, lemon thyme, fennel, dill and sage. Chop it all up and put it in some melted butter. Let it sit for a little while to let all the flavors blend. Mmmm. Pork is our friend.

My aunts recipe. The flavor of this is great.

Marinade:

3 tbs. frozen orange juice concentrate
2 tbs. grainy Dijon mustard
2 tbs. each honey, oil, soy sauce
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. ginger
pepper to taste

I usually marinate overnight. Reserve some of the marinade (or make a little extra) for dipping.

Smoke to around 150. Enjoy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky