Need new Food Processor

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
Our Cuisinart of 15+ years gave up yesterday. We have been looking at new 14 cup models since we teach 4H kids and sometimes have large batches to work with. I have been reading some reviews that indicate that the newer models have a safety built into the feed tube that will not engage the blade until the food push plunger is half way down the tube.

Anyone have any experience with this? Also any other recommendations for a good FP would be much appreciated.

I am going to bump this in hope that the heavier traffic will draw a reply

I read through their online manual and didn't see anything about a safety switch. Sounds like a good option if you have younger children around.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky