Need Help With Forum Issues

Discussion in 'Bugs, Glitches and Miscellaneous Forum Problems' started by jaybone, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Can someone please help me with several issues that I am having using the forum?Wanted to post Q-View of a recent WSM breaking in smoke session but discovered several issues preventing this.When attempting to start a new thread and/or reply to existing threads I am able to input text into the edit box but all of the icons (photo attach, etc.) are completely missing from above the edit box.Also, unable to edit my account details or community profile. Selecting either of these on My Profile page results in no action other than the box highlighting a light gray color.Can not scroll through items at top of Home Page using mouse. Clicking on the left or right arrows does nothing.Any help is greatly appreciated!Thanks,Jay

2. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Just a wild guess----Are you logged in?

Bear

3. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

What browser are you using? There have been a lot of problems with Internet Explorer lately.

4. Yep, logged in. Just noticed something new replying to you. Much of your original text that was copied into this reply contains special characters surrounded by less than and greater than signs and slashes, etc.Your original post prior to this reply looked fine.

5. Yep, using Internet Explorer. Will try another desktop computer at home to see if issues persist.Thanks,Jay

6. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Jay, try updating your browser with new stuff they put out.....    MSN updates etc.... or switch to firefox or Google Chrome....    I quit using IE awhile back and have no problems... 

7. jckdanls 07

jckdanls 07 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Google Chrome here .. no problems... only takes 2 minutes to load Chrome

8. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Jay...

I agree with the switch to Chrome...IE sucks...

You will like it!!!

Then get them pics up!!!

Craig

9. kathrynn

kathrynn Smoking Guru OTBS Member

We changes over to Firefox....and use Google Chrome.  No issues anymore!

Kat

10. Thanks for all the feedback guys! Can't change browsers on the work computer but will do it at home if issues persist there. I'll check when I get home from work tonight.Thanks again!Jay

11. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Soooo you not working at work???

Hahahahahaa

Craig

12. Nope. Back to the grind. The five days in Tahoe were real nice though.

Boy, must have been having a post vacation stroke with my above reply!

Craig, I swear it was the first time I sat down all day!

Usually don't have time for breaks, lunch, well you know.  [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  13. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

I experienced some of the same issues, Jay, and switching from IE to G Chrome solved all problems.

Red

14. Loaded Google Chrome on home computer and made default browser but still having issues inserting images.

At least I have the icon menu above the edit window now.

But after selecting an image to insert, even if it's one that I've previously used on this forum, instead of a photo showing up in the editor window this is what I get:

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jay

15. Go to "Edit Account Details", under "Preferred Editor Type", switch to "BB Code Editor."
    See if that helps.

~Martin

16. Thanks Martin, I'll check that out when I get home tonight.

17. jckdanls 07

jckdanls 07 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

the picture will appear when you submit the reply.. mine does that as well... you can click on preview before submitting the reply just to make sure it's there... you will see the picture in preview

18. This was happening to me while starting a new thread. Never had the issue before. Was afraid to continue with the new thread because it was going to be fairly long with more than a dozen photos. Would have hated to post it and not get the pictures.

19. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

You can try it out in the "Test Area" and it won't matter if it doesn't work.