need help finding a smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bubba96

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 2, 2013
saginaw,michigan
i have been making jerky in a dehydrator for the past 2 years and thinking of moving to a smoker. ive been looking at smokers some good prices some high quality ones as as well. im more interested in a electric smoker. but i was wondering which one would be best for me? the things i plan on smoking would be mainly fish and jerky. maybe turkey for the holidays. i also dont mind making my own smoker. funny as it sounds is it possible to build/buy a smoker around $50-70? its just a question i need help with. if anybody has a answer please reply i would appreciate it!

First off welcome  to the Forum Bubba96! If you don't mind can you make your way over to Roll Call and introduce yourself to everyone. A lot of great and knowledgeable people here, so welcome to your new addiction :) LOL

Are you cold smoking your Jerky? If so you can pretty much get away with any smoker or even a grill if you using something like the A-maze-N smokers that many members of the forum use. 

I actually make my jerky currently using the AmazeN smoker on my weber kettle grill. I've been debating getting a cabinet smoker like a MES or something similar if i can find a good price on a new or used one. It doesnt even have to work for my setup because i cold smoke for 2-3 hours then i finish in the dehydrator

Welcome aboard Bubba!!! Go Blue!!!! My buddies and I built a smoker out of an old upright freezer that worked out pretty good just a little hard to regulate the heat at first and i'm sure it was under $70 to build it.  I just bought a Smoke Hallow 44" from Gander Mountain last week and love it! I went with propane just because I was little worried about an electric and the smoking in the rain.  But that was just me!!!  Good luck and Doug is right!!!  It is an addiction now!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky