Need help can't get a smoke ring on a Char-Broil The Big Easy 2 in 1 Electric Smoker & Roaster

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

breezeby

Original poster
Jan 19, 2013
Jacksonville, FL. (Mandarin)
Ok so I have this electric smoker and I have smoke things ever weekend since the new year from ribs, chicken, and butts. I have never obtained a smoke ring and wondering why? Has anyone had this issue with this machine? Everything I cook turns out great tasting but my manager at work keeps asking me about a smoke ring that I can't seem to make. Ay ideas?

Electric smokers dont produce nitrogen dioxide which is what is needed to make the smoke ring.. If I recall, its smolders the chips/pellets to smake them smoke, but not enough to burn and cause nitrogen Dioxide. I think thats a simple way Ive read on here. I hope im telling you right.

The smoke ring is caused by nitric acid building up in the surface of meat, absorbed from the surface. This nitric acid is formed when nitrogen dioxide from wood combustion in smoke mixes with water in the meat. Basically it is a chemical reaction between the smoke and the meat.

Thank you. But I thought that some people with electric smokers could get it done. I guess I need to get a different smoker. Thanks again for the help on this
Read some of the threads I found using the search tool in post #2..

The third thread has good info on how to get smoke ring on an MES...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky