My UDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajun_1

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 16, 2006
Idaho
Well here it is, in all it's "ugly" glory. Still need to play with the temp control, but it gets right up there. Am hoping to do 2 regular fatties today. Wind is gusting at 30. I'll see how things look come daylight. Played with chich wings last night, they turned out fair. Temp control thing.

It has the right name UDS. HE HE
icon_mrgreen.gif
I am sure you will get her dialed in in now time at all. Best of luck!!!!!!!!
icon_lol.gif

I have a couple drums like that but i worried what Might have been in them at 1 time or another.Would just burnning them out be enough??? would like to know cuz I need a bigger smoker.

Form follows function.......
In other words don't matter how it looks. It matters how it cooks.
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

Good job!

I'm impressed already, looking forward to the finished product. Keep up the great work, and lookin' forward to your Q Views Cajun_1.

I've been trying to get that thru architects and designers heads for years. They KILL me.. "You can't put a motion detector/camera/keypad/whatever there!"

Well, did you want the system to work, or look better?

Sheesh.

In all honesty, this UDS just blows me away. Yesterday ... Wind at 15 with 30 /40 gusts. No problem to fire up. Went past temp quickly, had to throttle it back down. Threw 2 fatties on get to see if it would really do what it was supposed to do. In this weather ... "amazing" ... I could have smoked a butt.

The smell of the grease falling back onto the coals, then out the exhaust....Fantastic ....

Now ... Onto building #2 with all the bells & whistles.

This morning theres a foot of snow on it. Gonna get it into the garage..

desertlites ... If your not sure of what was in those barrels, I personally wouldn't risk it. This really isn't a bigger smoker. It only has 1 22.5" grill from a weber grill.

Thanks cowgirl ... this thing was amazing.

BTW: It has now been named,

"FUGLY"

But they have been trained in a diametrically opposed environment. Almost "exact opposite". It's all about "graceful lines and complementing colors" Gags me, really.

I'm aware of your words Rich ... We are in the same line of business.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky