My thanksgiving turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

elchicano

Original poster
I decided not to go with the traditional whole turkey. Instead I found a local butcher shop that had skinless turkey breast. To my surprise each breast was about 5.5 lbs each. As they were already brined. I seasoned with just black pepper. Since I was already going to be smoking the turkey breast. I smoked two garlic beef sausages. I later grilled some corn.
Below is my cooking adventure.I used pecan wood. Brinkmann vertical smoker. I took the breast out at 165 IT and wrapped in butcher paper until I was ready to cut them up.

9a07ef6752a5b488cdb25eb04b900355.jpg

4e645037a3332d53cce56101d96e0fe3.jpg

90a8179af78d3507a1d058cf9fe2c5d3.jpg

de688eb5f315471803bbe37ddf7aa0cf.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: remmy700p
Great looking Breast and the Garlic Sausages and Corn looked great as well .
drool.gif

Congratulations , Elchicano , and kee posting , My Friend . Anything from Texas is a treat for me . I was raised in Temple..
biggrin.gif
 and haven't been able to visit since '92.

Have fun and . . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky