my shoulder is hurtin'

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

newinok

Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
been smokin' for a year or two, but got an unforeseen problem today. alarm didn't go off this morning and i'm smokin' a 10# shoulder today. simply put, i don't have any hours in the day to smoke this all the way through for dinner tonight. any help about wrapping it in foil and putting it in the oven for a few hours after i've smoked for awhile would be really appreciated.

just found this website/forum yesterday, and it is hands down the best i've ever seen (can't wait to try some of the finishing sauces tonight!) thanks so much in advance,

mike

First....welcome to the club! Second...since butts are very forgiving, you should be able to smoke it to an internal temp of 140, then wrap and place in oven, say about 300 (or even 350) to speed things up, then remove it when the internal temps get to 190 and let it coast to 200. Good luck and save some for me.

i appreciate the help. didn't realize that shoulder was a forgiving cut. again, thanks for getting me through.

You should do fine with what SmokeWatcher suggested.

Please take a few moments and visit "Roll Call" and intorduce yourself to the fine folks here at SMF and tell us a bit about you and your smoker of choice.

Thanks,

Sounds like you already got some great advice. I'll just add my welcome to SMF. Come back often and let us know how the pork came out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky