my first smoke (pork tenderloin)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

x0xsaywhutx0x

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 28, 2014
Blasdell, NY
A couple weeks ago i did my first smoke. Unfortunately the only pics i tool was the end product but turned out delicious, i had multiple people try it and they all loved it. I had 2 tenderloins 2.2lb each. The rub i used had 1tbl allspice, 1tbl brown sugar, 1 tbl onion powder, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp dry thyme.
I grilled them at 210°F for 2 hours and the last half hour i added Dinosaur BBQ'S Wango Tango sauce (i usually rather make my own but i didnt have the resources at the time) to one of them and left the other dry (for my mom).

Looks good man - nice job 
thumb1.gif

A super cut of meat.  But they can be tricky.

They are small and cook in a hurry.

When you hit them?  They are hard to beat.

Good luck and good smoking.

Pork tenderloin is something that gets requested at all my cooks. Glad to see you nailed it. You'll have to make it everytime cause it will be a crowd fave.

Every time I smoke a pork tenderloin the neighbors flock to my door. Such massive flavor. Love a mix of Pecan and Apple for a loin. Damn. Now I'm hungry!! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky