my first smoke (pork tenderloin)

Discussion in 'Pork' started by x0xsaywhutx0x, May 14, 2014.

1. A couple weeks ago i did my first smoke. Unfortunately the only pics i tool was the end product but turned out delicious, i had multiple people try it and they all loved it. I had 2 tenderloins 2.2lb each. The rub i used had 1tbl allspice, 1tbl brown sugar, 1 tbl onion powder, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp dry thyme.
    I grilled them at 210°F for 2 hours and the last half hour i added Dinosaur BBQ'S Wango Tango sauce (i usually rather make my own but i didnt have the resources at the time) to one of them and left the other dry (for my mom).

2. Oh yeah i also used about 6 apple chunks and a 2 handfuls of hickory for the wood and lump charcoal

3. Looks good man - nice job  [​IMG]

4. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

A super cut of meat.  But they can be tricky.

They are small and cook in a hurry.

When you hit them?  They are hard to beat.

Good luck and good smoking.

5. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Looks delicious! Thumbs Up

Red

6. Looking Delicious, Yes Indeed!

[​IMG]

7. Looks great good job.

8. brooksy

brooksy Master of the Pit

Pork tenderloin is something that gets requested at all my cooks. Glad to see you nailed it. You'll have to make it everytime cause it will be a crowd fave.

9. mdboatbum

mdboatbum Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks awesome! That rub almost sounds like jerk seasoning without the heat. I may have to..er..borrow that one!

10. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Are Loins not the "Bomb" Easy and sooo many ways to enhance them...[​IMG]

11. bosox20

bosox20 Smoke Blower

Pa
    Every time I smoke a pork tenderloin the neighbors flock to my door. Such massive flavor. Love a mix of Pecan and Apple for a loin. Damn. Now I'm hungry!! 👍