My first reverse flow trailer build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Interesting build.    Are you going to have enough room to swing the counter weights without hitting the warmer on the other side? 

I am not going with the usual hanging counter weight for the doors because i would not have been able to have the warmer box due to the interference of the weights.I am going to try an alternative method of using garage door springs.

Last edited:
I have had to make a change in my trailer because of the weight.The axle was a 3500lb without brakes so you could really feel it pushing me.I found this old horse trailer for cheap replaced the suspension with new springs shackles and installed new brakes and now this trailer has an 8000lb capacity.I basically left the old trailer frame attached to the smoker since it was the foundation and mostly welded to everything.

i have a lot of space up front and need counter balance or tongue weight so i decided to make a Santa Maria style grill.i purchased new 1/4 inch plate for this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky